The Grace Hopper Program Experience
Top-Rated Coding Bootcamp
The Grace Hopper Program is a highly rated coding school in the US, and our student reviews reflect that.
Dedicated Career Coaching
Get hired with the support of professional career coaching designed to help you overcome barriers and launch your ideal career as a software engineer.
Learn from passionate programmers with tech industry experience. From large open-source libraries to quantum computer simulators, they’ve programmed it all.
Real-World Coding Tools
Use popular developer tools like Git, GitHub, VS Code, and Chrome Dev Tools.
Culture of Collaboration
Work in pairs and small teams to improve your code and learn how to present it in a professional context at the same time.
Why Choose a Full-Time Coding Bootcamp for Women
Comprehensive learning outcomes. The Grace Hopper Program full-time coding bootcamp is designed with the same curriculum concepts, web development projects, career support, and outcomes as the Fullstack Academy flagship Software Engineering Immersive. That means you don’t have to sacrifice valuable instruction in favor of a gender-allied learning community—you can have it all!
Accelerated instructional pace. Full-time coding bootcamp classes are held on weekdays during standard, Eastern business hours (10:00am - 5:00pm with a one-hour lunch break). This allows students to make rigorous bootcamp learning their primary focus and start reaping the rewards sooner—preparing to enter the field in about 16 weeks (4 months).
Community and Accountability. Regular attendance and outside-of-class study are a must for success in bootcamp learning, but can be difficult to maintain. According to the Pew Research Center, this is especially true for women and nonbinary coders, who often carry heavier domestic workloads than their male counterparts.
The Grace Hopper Program full-time coding bootcamp environment fosters a built-in community of peers with the shared goal of becoming professional software engineers. Through hands-on pair programming exercises and multiple channels of communication, students are able to assist, support, and motivate each other to reach their full potential throughout bootcamp and beyond.
Learn more about Grace Hopper Program career outcomes.
What You'll Learn
Classes are held Monday through Friday from 10:00am-5:00pm ET.
Foundational Software Engineering Curriculum
HTML and CSS
Web development environment and industry-standard tools
Foundations On-Ramp Features
Supports learners of all skill levels
Student-centered, inquiry-based learning in teams
Instructor-facilitated, live online classroom format
Immersive digital learning tools
At the end of this unit, you will complete a project to apply your skills
Git and GitHub
- Web Interface and Design - You’ll learn how content and imagery are best displayed on a website.
- Front-End Framework - You’ll start to understand pre-written modules and their primary use cases in web development.
- Pair Programming - Working with a fellow student, you’ll each use your newfound knowledge to write and optimize front-end code. This helps you build real-world experience and prepare for technical coding interviews.
React, React Router, and React Hooks
- Prototyping - Throughout bootcamp, you’ll begin each project by scoping, researching, and beginning to build full stack web applications—touching on every stage of a typical, real-world prototype development process.
You’ll master data organization and storage by working with SQL relational databases and learn how to integrate them into your applications. Then, it’s time to start building your own full stack application!
- Full Stack Capstone Project - You will work with a team of students to come up with an ambitious idea for an app, and start building it out. This will be the most impressive project in your portfolio and will demonstrate your full understanding of software development and industry best practices.
- Full Stack Project Pitching - After formulating your own idea for a web or mobile application, you’ll pitch it to the class. Taking market, design, and utility considerations into account, you’ll understand through your pitch process how development projects come to fruition in real-world scenarios.
- Portfolio Development - As you complete your full stack web development projects, all your code will be housed in GitHub to demonstrate your technical prowess and creativity to potential employers.
- Career Coaching - Grace Hopper Program Career Coaches are your one-stop professional development resource. They’ll work with you on core aspects of the job search–from interview preparation to resume optimization–throughout the final stages of your bootcamp experience and beyond.
Tuition and Dates
Students need to make an initial deposit at enrollment, then pay the remaining balance due on the first day of the cohort.
The Grace Hopper Program is committed to making tech education more accessible, so we’re reducing the enrollment deposit to $99* (normally $2,000) for a limited time. Get started on your journey before the deposit increases!
$19,910 $14,995 for a limited time with our New Beginnings Scholarship.
For a limited time, enroll in the Fullstack Academy Software Engineering Bootcamp or the Grace Hopper Program and save 25% on tuition with the New Beginnings Scholarship (a $4,915 value).
Additional scholarship opportunities are available for women, military vets, and other communities. Plus, we offer seasonal scholarships for certain cohorts.
Pay for your bootcamp tuition in affordable, predictable monthly installments.
Check with your local VA office to see if you are eligible for VET TEC benefits.
*Offer eligibility: Upon admittance into the program, pay the $99 refundable deposit in full prior to the enrollment date.
Learn more about each of these ways to invest in your bootcamp education.
Professional Career Coaching
Throughout the course, Grace Hopper Program students will gain valuable insight into how to secure meaningful, lucrative employment. A career-oriented curriculum combines with experience-informed career coaching to support your full personal, technical, and professional potential as a software engineer. You’ll receive guidance in:
Growing your professional network
Building and expressing your personal brand, skill set, and unique talents
Optimizing your resume and LinkedIn profile
Acing interviews and assessments
Negotiating your salary
Combating imposter syndrome and other systemic barriers
Navigating company culture fit as an underrepresented professional
With full transparency around challenges disproportionally faced by women and gender nonconforming professionals in tech, our instructors and career coaches are focused on helping you achieve your idea of success.
Grace Hopper Grads Get Hired
Companies of all industries are hiring for remote and in-person software engineering positions across the US. Particularly within tech hubs like New York and California, lucrative coding career opportunities continue to be prominent throughout the professional landscape.
The Grace Hopper Program curriculum is designed to accommodate all skill levels, but you should start practicing the basics, scheduling additional weekly study time, and optimizing your tech specs upfront.
Apply online whenever you’re ready, or contact a student advisor to learn more. You can also attend an upcoming online info session for guidance—from admissions to payment options.
Once you’ve applied, we’ll contact you to complete a no-risk online coding assessment. This is a timed exercise with a 30-minute allotment designed to help determine your starting skill level.
We’ll review your completed application and alert you of your admissions status in as few as 1-3 business days.